Thursday, September 1, 2011

ROUND 2 - EA ORIGIN IS A SCAM - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE


Thank you for choosing EA. A representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Brian'

Brian:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Brian. How may I assist you today?

you:
Hi Brian

Brian:
First and last name please.

you:
Where did you go?

you:
Lxxxx Cxxx

Brian:
Hpwdy.

you:
I waited and waited and you never came back

you:
What did my DXDIAG tell you?

Brian:
I'm not sure. Did you speak to me or another agent?

you:
You

you:
Unless there are multiple Brians working at 3:48 AM

Brian:
What was the last thing I chated to you?

you:
You can read it here. It was about my Sims Medieval not patching

you:
http://eaorigin.blogspot.com/

Brian:
Thank you hold while I read over your Issue please.

<TEN MINUTES GO BY>


Brian:
System requirements for sims medieval

Brian:

Brian:
•1.5 GB RAM

Brian:
•A 256 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

Brian:
•Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Brian:
•At least 5.3 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved ga

Brian:
You going to need a new video card to play the Sims.

you:
lol

Brian:
Your PC is under requirements.

you:
Uhh no it isn't

Brian:
Is there any thing I can help you with?

you:
My video card is well over what this game needs to run

you:
I have an ATI 5450 with 512 MB DDR3 RAM

Brian:
Once agin what is your game doing to where you can't play. I'm sorry I do not remember discussing the matter with you.

you:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MOO-PC System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire M3400 System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-A2, 4/21/2010 SMBIOS Version 2.6 Windows Directory C:\Windows System Directory C:\Windows\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514" User Name Moo-PC\Moo Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB Total Physical Memory 5.98 GB Available Physical Memory 3.10 GB Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB Available Virtual Memory 7.96 GB Page File Space 5.98 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys

you:
I can play with the 1.3 patch but when I try to get the latest patch it tells me the game isn't installed.

Brian:
Hold please.

you:
So I can;t play with the 2.0 patch.

you:
OMG are you for real?


Brian:
Okay, Now give me a screen shot of display please.

you:
display of what?

you:
the game?

Brian:
DXDIAG.. You have systems and the tab next to it is Display.

you:
so how do I send you tyhe screenshot?

Brian:
The same way yousent the first DXDIAG.

you:
I copy pasted the text into this chat

you:
and yes I have the display dxdiag information

you:
how do I copy paste a screenshot?

Brian:
Copy paste it.

you:
it's not pasting the screenshot into this text bar

Brian:
Okay, give me the video card and driver date.

you:
Driver Packaging Version 8.812-110104a-111988C-ATI Provider ATI Technologies Inc. 2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1114 2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000 Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0806 OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10428 Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0104.2155.39304

you:
Primary Adapter Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5450 Device ID 68F9 Vendor 1002 Subsystem ID E153 Subsystem Vendor ID 174B Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0 Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16 BIOS Version 012.015.000.002 BIOS Part Number 113-BAE15300-001 BIOS Date 2009/11/23 Memory Size 512 MB Memory Type DDR3 Core Clock in MHz 650 MHz Memory Clock in MHz 800 MHz Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 12.8 GByte/s

Brian:
Hold one second please.

Brian:
http://driverupdate.net/articles/windows-7-drivers?aps=article_win_7_drivers

Brian:
Here is your issue update your driver please.

you:
ok just a second

you:
I'm downloading the update now after upgrading my video drivers... 2 minutes left.



Brian:
sure


you:
it says I am downloading from http://launcher.thesimsmedieval.com/launcher/patches/1856847366

Brian:
okay. You should be good.

you:
Nope... I choose English for the install language and it tells me "The setup has detected that no version of The Sims Medieval" is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

you:
But I can play the 1.3.xx version with no problems

you:
Other than the game bugs

Brian:
follow the instructions below:

Brian:
1. Click on your Start Menu

Brian:
2. Go to Documents or My Documents

Brian:
3. Go into the Electronic Arts folder

Brian:
4. Go into The Sims 3 folder

Brian:
5. Right click on the Saves folder

Brian:
6. Select option Copy

Brian:
7. Right click on Desktop

Brian:
8. Select option to Paste

Brian:
9. If the file has a conflict, we can skip it

you:
I don't have the Sims 3 on this computer.Brian:

Brian:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

Brian:
Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:

Brian:
1. Right click on the [GAME/PROGRAM] Icon, select the option to Uninstall

Brian:
2. Once we select the Uninstall option go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next

Brian:
3. It will now uninstall [GAME/PROGRAM] and then scan for left over Registry files

Brian:
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them

Brian:
5. Click Next

Brian:
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them

Brian:
7. Click Next or Finish

Brian:
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

Brian:
Now once we do that you are going to have to restart And start all over agin.

you:
Yeah I am done. I am just going to call my credit card company and tell them that Origin is a scam and get my charges reversed. It shouldn't take 3 hours to get a game installed.


Brian:
Thank you for contacting origin have a nice nite.











1 comment:

  1. they are selling battlefield Vietnam bad company 2 i just bought it

    its a dead game has no single player and no servers online

    when i ask for refund they say they dont refund digital games

    ReplyDelete